Africa’s leading animation studio looking for an Assembly Editor, in this position, you will be maintaining and updating the entire off-line edit for the Senior Editor while also dealing with the production edit workflow.
- Importing digital footage daily to keep edit up to date
- Syncing audio and picture
- Cutting and trimming shots in the off-line edit
- Exporting reference clips for animators
- Working with department Leads, Software Developers and the animation team to optimise workflow as well as share information on what tools are required
- Convert/transcode footage for the distribution channels
- Compiling authoring formats between cutting rooms (EDL’s and AAF’s)
- Identifying pros and cons of different delivery formats (audio and video combined)
- Ensuring the timecode, BIT depth and format is correct for audio
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in high end CG animation pipelines
- Experience with Adobe Premier and Avid Media Composer
- Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of all aspects of the off-line edit and CG animation pipeline.
- Ability to quantify deliverables, schedule delivery and set and meet deadlines.
- Ability to troubleshoot and implement fixes for a production pipeline.
- Strong ability in media managing the edit project for best optimisation.
This is an 10 month fixed term contract position starting from 1st July 2018, and is only open to South African citizens.
Portfolio and experience is key for this role.