The job requires someone with drive and initiative who is able to motivate students and guide them into the world of creative fiction for the big screen. The basics of narrative development and story structure, including both the Three Act Structure, Major Turning Points theory and the Engagement/Explosive Theme Bundling process.
* Character development and emotional engagement.
* Effective dialogue writing.
* Lecturing undergraduate film students at BA degree level;
* Script reviews for productions and writing workshops
* Assessment panel participation for narrative component on student projects
* Conducting student consultations and reflective meetings
* Preparing content and lesson plans for each term
* Assessment registration for the term's assessments
* Attendance registers and class management administration
* Timetable planning
Requirements and Personal Attributes:
* At least 5 years' experience in the film and entertainment industry in scriptwriting and/or script editing
* A Masters in Writing, Film and/or Media Studies with specialization in scriptwriting.
* 3 - 5 years in tertiary education.
* Computer literacy
* Highly developed organisational skills
* Maturity to handle a range of situations
* A meticulous and thorough nature
* An ability to work to tight deadlines
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
* Honest and trustworthy - committed to high integrity of excellence.
* Culturally aware and sensitive.
Please send the following:
* a CV (no certificates at this point)
* email and telephone contact details
* 3 references
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.