This position will require you to have the ability to quickly communicate emotion, action and comedy through clear visuals and strong posing, you will possess a sound knowledge of story structure, character development, staging and pacing as well as having a comprehensive understanding of both cinematic storytelling and how a story department functions.
You will work closely with the Film Director and your responsibilities will include:
- Primarily responsible for process of interpreting the script into visual representation of the film.
- Establishing the cinematographic style, pacing, action, framing.
- Superior ability to generate story ideas, to recognise and solve story problems, and to suggest alternate story ideas and pitching solutions.
- Overseeing the whole storyboarding team – working closely with the Director to brief and review all scenes to the storyboarding team, setting a standard of work, goals for team and maintaining high standard of visual storytelling,
- Working with Production to ensure that Story Team are working to schedule and within the review and notes process.
- Assisting with reviewing portfolios and appointing the Story Team.
Key requirements are:
- 5 years professional experience as a Storyboard Artist working in TV or on features (preferably in animation, but not a deal breaker)
- Experience in a lead/management position guiding and growing a team is preferable.
- Ability to work collaboratively, communicate clearly, present work and work as part of a team.
- Clear understanding of scheduling deadlines
- Proficiency in Photoshop, and other storyboarding programs
This is a 10 month fixed term contract position starting from 1st June 2018, and is only open to South African citizens.
Portfolio and Animation TV and/or Film experience is key for this role.