A socially conscious film school in Cape Town is looking for a Studio and Technical Assistant, Managing the daily running of the studio, Reporting on maintenance required with equipment and studio, Editing / Camera for productions.
* Assisting in booking and signing out of equipment.
* Burning DVD's for distributions and film festivals.
* Assisting students with their technical needs.
* Teaching Camera to the first year students.
* Teaching Editing to the first year students.
* Assisting / supporting the Head of Technical with the daily running of technical requirements in respect of the following:
* Making sure that Internet and telephones are working.
* Supporting the students and ensuring that systems are maintained and in good running condition.
* Updating software.
Assistance to other Departments
* Regular assistance to all departments as may be required.
* Support all departments with information on students and dealing with students problems and queries
* Film and Television Production qualification.
* Relevant Information Technology and Computer Sciences qualification.
* Proven track record in training and skills development environment.
* Administration skills.
* Hardworking and committed
* Hungry for information and the willingness to share and learn
* A team player
* Attention to detail
* Understanding urgency and acting accordingly
* Provide updates on the studio, edits and technical during staff meetings
* Communicating needs for maintenance
* Communicating problems and losses