Looking to employ a Art Department Set Stsndby on an Afrikaans Soapie in Johannesburg. Dress every scene according to script and director’s specifications. Check that correct props is available and in the right place, at the right time.
• Responsible for all props during shooting.
• Be able to understand how props work and explain to Directors and Actors.
• Check position of props on the monitor & dress to camera, if needed.
• Responsible for continuity and resets of props between takes.
• Inform the Props Master of any breakages and losses.
• Responsible for set dressing requirements in studio and on location.
• Ensure safe movement and storage of props between studio, locations and storage.
• Assist with set swings.
• Ensure all sets are prepared, ready and cleaned for shooting.
• The job is crucial to the smooth running of the Art Department on set.
• Fluent in Afrikaans (read, understand and speak)
• At least 1 year experience as Art Department standby
• Any Art Department related qualifications an advantage
• Have a driver’s license.
• Computer literate and Technology know-how.
Closing Date: 31 MAY 2017
Only Fluent Afrikaans speaking candidates with Art Department experience need to apply