As the Content Producer you play a pivotal role in ensuring the ethos and message of the brand, that has established it as a leader in South African youth television, is maintained.
As the person responsible for establishing and maintaining the seasonal Content Plan and ensuring it is translated to the screen, you are able to creatively conceptualise ideas and strategically coordinate these into actionable plans.
As a leader of a dedicated content team, you manage delivery according to the content objectives, ensuring high quality and timeous delivery that maintains consistently good AR’s. Therefore, you display an intrinsic knowledge and understanding of the audience that you are able to translate into content that resonates with the viewers, while maintaining the tone and style that reflects the brand.
The Key Role of Content Producer is to consistently shape up content to keep up with the target market and foresee trends to come in terms of content strategies for our young viewership. In addition to this, the content producer has the responsibility to create, maintain and ensure the execution of the seasonal content plan strategies through the management of the Content Team.
This means leading and motivating Scriptwriters & content researchers to deliver according to the needs of the content goals, ensuring timeous delivery and a consistently high quality, supervising the Online Content Producer to ensure that onscreen content translates to online and visa versa and working closely with the Insert Team to ensure that inserts are produced that meet mandates, achieve the objectives of the Content Plan and enhance in-studio content by being relevant, informative and entertaining.
RESEARCH AND INFORMATION SOURCING
WORKFLOW AND SYSTEMS
• Excellent skills in written and verbal communications
• Excellent administration and organisational skills
• Excellent presentation and Interpersonal skills
• Strong creative skills
• Strong strategic and logical capability
• Competitive / market knowledge
• Understanding of the target audience
• Knowledge and understanding of the production process
• Excellent research skills
• Emotional Intelligence
• Show initiative and be proactive
• Interest and drive toward content transformation and flexibility based on trends
• Ability to manage multiple elements in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Excellent organisational skills with a focused, goal-orientated attitude
• Self-motivated with an eye for detail and an ability to multi-task
• Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide others (across all levels)
• Drive through (follow-up of projects) and a sense of urgency
• Focused and goal and result orientated
• Have demonstrable skills as a creative thinker with a dedication to the excellence of a finished product
• Time management
• Good technical understanding and ability to learn quickly
• Energy, Passion and Integrity
If you possess the relevant criteria, please send your application together with a detailed CV.
If you have not heard from us within three weeks of submitting your CV, please assume that your application was not successful.
Applications closing date: 24 March 2017
Starting date: 5 April 2017