Research is to be conducted to determine the size and structure of the film and media industry in in Cape Town and the Western Cape. Wesgro and the City of Cape Town have announced the new research project and Grant Thornton will be leading a consortium to conduct the value chain baseline study.
Wesgro - The official Tourism, Investment and Trade Promotion Agency of the Western Cape
We are a region of unlimited potential. And this translates into unlimited opportunity. Whether you’re interested in film, travel, export or investment Cape Town and the Western Cape has something for you. Wesgro, the government agency that promotes the economy of Cape Town and the Western Cape wants to help you uncover these opportunities.Our destination is a highly sought after film destination, with major international and local productions coming to the province for our wide range of locations and exemplary services and studios.
Wesgro holds the film and media promotion mandate for Cape Town and the Western Cape.
Our Film and Media Promotion unit offers the following services:
• Assists local and international film companies looking to do production in the Western Cape
• Assists local and international film companies looking to find distribution and co-production parties
• Hosts B2B sessions, Exporter Development Programmes and Master-classes
• Offers policy and regulatory guidance
• Communicates and lobbies with regional and national regulatory and professional bodies
• Project mentoring
• Investment advice
Get the latest film news and jobs in your mailbox!