I handle PR and marketing for African creatives.
Current clients include Al Jazeera English, Triggerfish Animation, Egg Films, Arcade Content, Fly On The Wall and Faith47.
Before moving into PR and marketing, I freelanced as a journalist for the likes of Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, and The Mail and Guardian.
I've also worked as a script editor, producer, web designer, digital marketer, researcher, and proposal writer.
With Joy Sapieka, I run the pan-African PR for Al Jazeera English. In 2015, we helped place just under 2 000 features across the continent. We were part of the team working on the successful #freeajstaff campaign to secure the release of Peter Greste, Baher Mohamed, Mohamed Fahmy and Abdullah Elshamy. This campaign won a Global SABRE Award and was Highly Commended at the PRWeek Global Awards.
I run the PR for Triggerfish Animation Studios, working closely with Joy Sapieka and Arthur Sheriff. In 2015, we publicised the Triggerfish Story Lab, supported by The Walt Disney Company. This generated over 260 media placements, not to mention nearly 1400 entries from 30 African countries.
I also handle the PR & marketing for Egg Films, the highest ranked South African production company for 2015. I also helped to successfully launch their sister company, Arcade, as South Africa's leading brand films production company.
Other PR highlights include:
• Generating over R5m worth of PR for Encounters Documentary Festival per year, with the festival screenings 75% full on average
• Oscar-nominated short film 'Asad'
• International Emmy winner 'Miners Shot Down'
• Durban International Film Festival winners 'Beats of the Antonov,' 'Dear Mandela' and 'Felix'
• Encounters Documentary Festival Audience Award winner 'The Village Under The Forest'
• 'Rollaball,' the most successful Kickstarter campaign by an African production company
• '20Journey,' a successful Kickstarter campaign by photographers Sean Metelerkamp, Sipho Mpongo and Wikus de Wet. The resulting book was nominated for Most Beautiful Object in South Africa at Design Indaba
• Production company PR for music videos by the likes of Skrillex, U2, Die Antwoord and Dookoom
• Production notes for international films like 'Eye in the Sky,' starring Helen Mirren and Aaron Paul